TC Bros. Featured Customer Ride - Javier Altube
TC Bros. Customer Rides – a series dedicated to the fabrication ingenuity and creativity of our customers and featuring their rides they've shared with us.
Sent to us from Javier Altube – originally from 5500 miles south of Wauseon, Ohio in Buenos Aires, Javier now lives in West Babylon, New York...
1979 XS650 bobber - nicknamed "The Bomber!"
- TC Bros. XS650 Weld-On Hardtail
- TC Bros. Electronics Tank
- XSCharge PMA kit
- Pamco Ignition
- TC Bros. Forward Controls and Universal Linkage Kit
- left side is hooked up to a custom, 1-off, clutch mechanism based on a Bell Crank Linkage system, which doesn't require any modifications to the stock components; no welding needed to install and allows for easy conversion back to stock cable / hand clutch in a matter of minutes
- right side is connected to a custom-mounted Yamaha R6 master cylinder that operates the rear caliper
- the flex wrench was welded around the modified stock shifter arm; also welded a bolt on the opposite side so that knobs could be changed in the future
- replica hand grenade for shifter knob completes the suicide setup
- another wrench was also sacrificed for the custom kick stand
- seat came with the bike but I believe it's from TC Bros. - as well as the springs I bought for it
- Model A taillight with custom bracket
- TC Bros. bracket for the custom ammo storage box
- TC Bros. rear fender (not installed yet) gonna have “BOMBER” stenciled on it!
- custom exhaust from stock pipes, wrapped and with custom "heat shields" made to look like silencers/suppressor from an automatic rifle
- chain tensioner (Monstercraftsman) I believe purchased from TC Bros., but not sure cause it came with the bike
- stock mags powder-coated matte black by Action Powder Coating in Farmingdale, NY.
- had to get new rubber to go with those wheels and since I loved the way the TC Bros. “Holey Roller” green bike looks - went with similar style, they're Vee Rubber 163's
- custom clear alternator cover with Metal Mulisha's skull
- custom headlight mount
- green coil wires to go with the Army theme
All the welding and fab work was done at my friend Brian Calliari's garage - he's my best friend and I'd like to include him here - he made it all possible for me. We have yet to go for a ride together but hopefully Spring 2014. He owns a 2010 HD Forty-Eight. He loves motorsports, Army guy, did underwater welding since he got out of the Army till a few years ago; he also raced Baja 1000 in his class 11 VW to raise money for autism.
I wish the whole TC Bros. team a happy and healthy 2014 and keep on doing what you guys do best!
On behalf of TC Bros. Nation… thank you, Javier!!!! - Saludamos su artesanía y estamos orgullosos de tenerlo como cliente leal. ~ Tyler and Tim
© TC Bros. Choppers, LLC
“Engineered for Freedom.”™
Tyler and Tim Cobb | The TC Brothers
Please share your ride with us!
Send us an email to email@example.com with some great pics [the higher the res, the better, please] of your masterpiece.
1. Your name, hometown and email address.
2. Make, model, year - technical details and specs.
3. What TC Bros. parts you used.
4. Any and all personal notes about yourself and the build that you feel will add to the enjoyment and experience. Where you grew up, how you got into motos, personal thoughts and feelings you experienced during the build, etc., etc. You get the idea.
Leave a comment